As promised — I am here to review the ICS on SGS2
Few days ago the SGS2(GT-I9100G) users finally got the much awaited ICS upgrade…….though I was hoping for some BIG changes to the UI but all those expectations went to drain after I had a look at the upgrade of the older SGS2(GT-I9100). So coming to the the newer model’s update of the SGS2 there were certain changes that looked pretty promising and innovative………….Here is a list of what I could find -
1. The Call receiving screen has changed.
2. This ROM is pretty smooth and fast.
3. The usable RAM drops down from 0.91 GB to 687 MB.
4. The ICONS now appear more vibrant and have a more appealing look.
5. Of-course the base-band version has changed.
6. Try pressing the home button long enough that a new kind of task manager appears in which u can just slide the running applications to close them.
7. The notification Bar also got refurbished.
8. With ICS on board you can now use the CHROME browser and certain other apps which were not running on the gingerbread devices.
9. The settings menu also gets a tweak in its UI with sliding options for network options.
10. Now the Lock Screen is capable of displaying weather forecast as well.
11. There are also certain animation changes.
12. Now you connect to a WIFI connection faster than before.
13. The Contacts and the Phone icons that are on the dock also feature differently….like the logs have been shifted to the phone instead of being in contacts.
14. The developer option that comes in the settings has been added with far more tasks than it used to have.
15. The apps from VLINGO with samsungs integration make their way to the phone and are quite nice.
16. There are certain small but quite nice looking UI tweaks here and there on the phone.
17. The connection strength of the phone has gone down(I am not sure I am experiencing it since the upgrade).
18. The Screen looks just awesome……it feels like a true HD experience.
19. And lastly you would experience the changes that the ICS brings to the phone.
I recommend to make a factory reset after you install an update to the device…………..OFCOURSE make a Back-Up first!!
Those who are having problems with the games previously installed on the device they can re-install them and it should work fine and some of the Games on android are still to receive an ICS update so HANG ON.
All and all a nice update from SAMSUNG but yes I expected them to change their TW4 launcher and make it more appealing with the ICS upgrade………..But still it may happen in the next update(Hopefully)……..and Guys I may have missed on a few changes(pardon me for that)……. I have tried to cover the major changes that an average user would want to know…..Stay tuned for more news!!